2017 MACUHO Task Forces!!!
Contribute to the success of MACUHO by joining one of our task forces!
The deadline for interested members is Friday, February 3!
As announced at the Annual Conference in November, President Olan Garrett and the MACUHO Executive Board seeks members of the Association to join one of four task forces to advance the important work of MACUHO and make recommendations about the future.
The four task forces, and their purposes, are as follows (click on the task force name to learn more):
- Mid-Level Engagement Task Force: to identify and develop specific opportunities to engage mid-level professionals within the Association, both through professional development opportunities as well as Association involvement. Chair: TBD
- Senior-Level Engagement Task Force: to identify and develop specific opportunities to engage senior-level professionals within the Association, both through professional development opportunities as well as Association involvement. Chair: Stewart Robinette, George Washington University
- Finance Task Force: to make recommendations to the Treasurer and Executive Board as it pertains to MACUHO’s financial status and the creation of a Financial Advisory Board for the Association. Chair: Brandon Chandler, Rutgers University Camden
- Committee and Leadership Council Structure Task Force: to make recommendations to the Executive Board about the future structure of the Association’s committees and Leadership Council structure. This task force will review current offerings, examine Association needs and the committee structures of other regions, and make recommendations and determine if tweaks or significant changes need to be made in order to better support our current offerings, and to support new MACUHO initiatives. Chair: Debbie Scheibler, MACUHO Vice President/President Elect
Specific commitments for the task forces will occupy the following timeline:
- Beginning of February 2017: The President confirms appointments to the task forces; first meetings held
- February-October 2017: Meetings will continue at a frequency to be determined by the chair and the committee.
- June 2017: Task Force Chairs will provide updates at the MACUHO Summer Meeting.
- September 2017: Preliminary draft to be provided to the Executive Board for review and comment.
- October 2017: Final Report and Presentation of Recommendations at Exec Board Meeting
- November 2017: Discussions at Annual Conference business meeting and program sessions.
If you’re interested in getting involved, complete the following form. We’ll be in touch with more information!