wrote on the Regions: South East PA
wall: Just posted event information for our end-of-year Happy Hour at Dave & Buster's! See the event page or contact Laura Egan or myself for more info! Hope to see everyone there! -RJ
Posted Monday, May 07, 2012
Licinia B. Kaliher (Barrueco)
wrote on the Regions: South East PA
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
I hope this email finds you well. The Office of University Housing & Residential Life at Temple University is excited to announce that we have one opening for a full-time professional Resident Director position. The job description is attached and we ask you to please forward it on to anyone that you think may be qualified and interested in the position.
Applicants must apply for this position through our HR website at http://www.temple.edu/hr
and click on jobs@temple. Applicants can use this reference number TU-15116 to locate the position.
If there are any questions, please contact Licinia B. Kaliher, Assistant Director for Staff Recruitment and Development at email@example.com or at 215-204-3825. Thank you in advance for your support of our search process.
Temple University invites applicants for the position of Resident Director.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Resident Director is a full-time (12-month) professional staff member with live-in responsibilities that include the comprehensive management of a residential life program in facilities ranging from 150 to 800 students on Temple University’s Main Campus. The Resident Director supervises graduate and undergraduate students, and/or full-time administrative staff to create safe, caring, and inclusive learning-centered communities. Summer duties include summer conference and/or departmental projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
1. Coordinate all community and student development based in student development theory and the department’s Residential Education Curriculum.
2. Manage all operational aspects of a designated hall, i.e. fiscal management, opening and closing, occupancy management, maintenance, damage billing, front desk operations, and security desk.
3. Responsible for the comprehensive supervision of all professional and student staff in the specific hall.
4. Participate in selection, training, development, and evaluation of professional and student staff.
5. Advise individual students, residence hall senate, judicial board and other student groups.
6. Enforce University and departmental policies and procedures.
7. Investigate various critical incidents as they arise and communicate with University officials as required.
8. Serve on the rotating on-call crisis response system.
9. Serve as an Administrative Hearing Officer as part of the University’s Student Conduct process.
10. Serve on departmental committees and projects as assigned.
11. Assist with the Summer Conference and/or Summer School programs.
Bachelor’s degree and one academic year post-baccalaureate experience as a live-in staff member is required. Masters degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, Counseling or related field is preferred. Applicants must have demonstrated experience with student and community development, supervision, and crisis management. Applicants should possess a commitment and ability to create communities that are inclusive of diverse populations. This is a 12-month live-in position, which requires some evening and weekend work plus on-call responsibilities.
BENEFITS AND REMUNERATION:
In addition to a competitive salary, professional development funds and benefits including tuition waiver options; a furnished multi-unit apartment, local phone service, basic cable, parking, and meal plan throughout the academic year is provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
To receive priority consideration, applicants should apply on-line via the Temple University Human Resources website at http://www.temple.edu/hr/departments/employment/jobs_within.htm.
The closing date for applications is May 7, 2012. The job posting number is TU-15116. Please attach your letter of interest, resume, and three references to our on-line system into one document. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Licinia B. Kaliher, Assistant Director of Residential Life, at 215-204-3825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at http://www.temple.edu/housing
Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to cultural diversity.
Note: This description incorporates the most typical duties performed. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of these duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012
joined the group Regions: South East PA
Posted Monday, April 18, 2011