Below is a list of technology related resources that could be used for a wide variety of projects. Feel free to add your own. Please follow the pattern below and try to combined things into like categories. Please feel free to add comments about the pros/cons of each. If you are adding links, please set them to open into a new window.
NOTE: When adding text to an existing bullet item, you can hit shift-enter to create a new line without creating a new bullet item or escaping out of the bullet list.
ADDING LINKS: When inserting a link, please set the target to "blank" in order to have it ope in a new window.
In no particular order (as of right now):
Meeting Scheduling Polls
QR Codes for mobile
Phone Alternatives (Messaging, Texting, Vanity/Local #s)
- Large events
- All kinds of uses
Online Cloud Storage
Website Development Tools
Learning to Code
Web Hosting (Free or cheap)
Content Management Systems
(Free) Each has slightly different requirements (if any) for using their graphics for free.
Audio editing software
Browsers (Please add helpful add-ons, tricks and pitfalls to be aware of for each)
Online Slide Show (Like PowerPoint)
- SlideRocket - PowerPoint Presentations Online
- SlideShare - Offers users the ability to upload and share publicly
- Zoho Show - Online presentation service for creating, editing
- Glogster - Poster yourself - Make your interactive poster
- Prezi - Go to navigation; Go to content; Go to site search; Go to account
- Empressr - Empressr is the best and original browser based rich
- Top Free iPod Touch Apps: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380374,00.asp
- Square - Credit Card Payments
Learning Management Software
- MindFlash – online course creation software, with video, slides, quizzes, administrative (limit 10 trainees for free program) (click through single course)
- Rcampus.com – free course management software, group and org webpage software, eportfolios for students.
- OpenClass – Free LMS
- Backboard (paid)